This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

RFC

Aug 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Hello Filippo!

Great work! Thank you very much. This is what I am looking for. But I am not familiar with VB.NET and I want to use PHP to submit a Query to this function module Z_REMOTE_OPEN_SQL.

I know how to send import parameters from PHP to SAP RFC and how to work with the result back in PHP. But your ABAP function doesn't have an IMPORT nor an EXPORT parameter.

Can you please explain how to use your function from PHP? I am new to ABAP and I am developing in PHP. I would really appreciate it if you can give me some hints.

Thanks,
Frank
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Edited Aug 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Hello SonicF,
Z_REMOTE_OPEN_SQL doesn't have IMPORT or EXPORT parameters because uses callbacks to communicate with the .NET client.
Moreover all the logic to send queries to Z_REMOTE_OPEN_SQL is embedded in .NET client and in the SAP .NET Connector 2.0.

For these reasons is not possible to call Z_REMOTE_OPEN_SQL using PHP.

If you are able to call .NET assemblies from PHP I can try to expose come classes to call the .NET methods without displaying the user interface.

Best regards,
Filippo.
Aug 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Edited Aug 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Thank you for your information!

OK, I understand... I will try to find another solution based on your Z_REMOTE_OPEN_SQL Function to communicate directly with PHP. In the meantime I learned a lot of ABAP and the RFCs.

And thank you for your offer to extract some classes to help me. I really appreciate it. But I think I try for myself. If you want I can keep you up to date... ;-)

Thanks,
Frank