This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

FAQ

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2011 at 10:22 PM

This discussion is for FAQs. If you have a question please post it here.

Mar 26, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Edited Mar 26, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Ciao.
Im not sure this is the right forum, but anyway...
This software looks real cool.

I downloaded vs 1.0.4.0. Installation went like a charm and it was easy to do simple selects for one table. But i have problems with aliases and joins. This query
'select a.TABNAME from DD02L as a'
gives syntax error.

Starting query setup...
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> RemoteOpenSQL.RemoteOpenSQLLib.RemoteOpenSQLException: Parse error
at RemoteOpenSQL.RemoteOpenSQLLib.RemoteOpenSQL.ParseQuery(CGTReader GrammarReader, String Query) in C:\tfs.codeplex.com\TFS34\RemoteOpenSQL\RemoteOpenSQLLib\RemoteOpenSQLGoldLayer.vb:line 192
at RemoteOpenSQL.RemoteOpenSQLLib.RemoteOpenSQL.CallRfcRemoteOpenSQL(String Query) in C:\tfs.codeplex.com\TFS34\RemoteOpenSQL\RemoteOpenSQLLib\RemoteOpenSQL.vb:line 872
at RemoteOpenSQL.RemoteOpenSQLLib.RemoteOpenSQL._Closure$__2._Lambda$__2() in C:\tfs.codeplex.com\TFS34\RemoteOpenSQL\RemoteOpenSQLLib\RemoteOpenSQL.vb:line 794
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
---> (Inner Exception #0) RemoteOpenSQL.RemoteOpenSQLLib.RemoteOpenSQLException: Parse error
at RemoteOpenSQL.RemoteOpenSQLLib.RemoteOpenSQL.ParseQuery(CGTReader GrammarReader, String Query) in C:\tfs.codeplex.com\TFS34\RemoteOpenSQL\RemoteOpenSQLLib\RemoteOpenSQLGoldLayer.vb:line 192
at RemoteOpenSQL.RemoteOpenSQLLib.RemoteOpenSQL.CallRfcRemoteOpenSQL(String Query) in C:\tfs.codeplex.com\TFS34\RemoteOpenSQL\RemoteOpenSQLLib\RemoteOpenSQL.vb:line 872
at RemoteOpenSQL.RemoteOpenSQLLib.RemoteOpenSQL._Closure$__2._Lambda$__2() in C:\tfs.codeplex.com\TFS34\RemoteOpenSQL\RemoteOpenSQLLib\RemoteOpenSQL.vb:line 794
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---

I'm very uncertain about the syntax of SAP open SQL. Can you please give a working example of a join query with alias.

Is it possible to connect to Z_REMOTE_OPEN_SQL from RFC? If so how do i setup the parameters.
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Edited Mar 27, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Ciao!

Dear Lasse,
you may find syntax rules on tab "Remote Open SQL grammar". I know, grammar rules aren't easy to understand ... ;)
An example of join condition is:
SELECT A~DOKAR A~DOKNR A~DOKTL A~DOKVR B~DOKOB B~OBJKY FROM DRAW AS A JOIN DRAD AS B ON A~DOKAR EQ B~DOKAR AND A~DOKNR EQ B~DOKNR AND A~DOKTL EQ B~DOKTL AND A~DOKVR EQ B~DOKVR
You have to use ~ symbol to select a column.

If you want you may call Z_REMOTE_OPEN_SQL via RFC but this RFC is tightly coupled with RemoteOpenSQL client. Is not to simple to explain how to setup parameters. You have to read and understand the .NET code.

Best regards,
Filippo Bottega.
Mar 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Dear Filippo,
This is a seriously Cool app

Thanks for your advice :)
I tried select A~TABNAME B~FIELDNAME
from DD02L AS A
JOIN DD03L AS B ON B~TABNAME EQ A~TABNAME
where A~TABNAME EQ 'MARA'

and now it works!

The development client I'm trying this out in is empty of user data. But i will transport it to a better client and hopepfully I can create more useful queries

p.s.
I sort of forgotten about the odd SAP open SQL dialect.